In a year when everyone working along the cold chain has had to pivot in some way to keep their business moving forward, Devanco Foods has been maneuvering with success to grow its customer base in retail frozen foods while its core clients in foodservice struggled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Devanco Foods prides itself on developing and crafting the best meat products on a global scale. From American favorites like Hamburgers, Italian Beef, and Chicken Patties to international specialties like Italian Sausage, Gyros, Chicken Gyros, and Beef Bacon. We use the highest quality ingredients and focus on creating products that exceed expectations.
When restaurateurs work with Devanco Foods, they are more than mere customers – they are family. “All those associated with Devanco, including employees, suppliers and customers are treated like part of the Devanco family,” President and CEO Peter Bartzis says. “[That] is our whole mantra as a business.”
Dish up one of Chicago’s favorites on your own dining room table with this thinly sliced roast beef cooked in gravy. Served on hoagie rolls or French bread, Italian beef sandwiches make a hearty meal that’s sure to satisfy your hungry crowd. From Devanco.
Thank you to The Jam TV Show for having us!
Pick up our MSG Free Gyro Kit and #TheBetterBurgers Line at a retailer near you!
Job Description: Maintenance and repair various types of manufacturing equipment utilized to produce Gyros, Italian Beef, and Hamburgers products such as: Grinders, Mixers, Stuffers, Slicers, Extruders, Ovens, Wrapping machines, etc.
- Pre-op inspection of all Production equipment completed by 6am.
- Perform daily inspections, emergency repairs, and routine adjustments; follow periodic preventive maintenance schedule.
- Basic electrical repairs and troubleshoot for the following: AC & DC motor controls, solid state motor controls, advance circuits and grounding, interpret diagrams and test equipment.
- Develop a Preventative Maintenance schedule to maintain production equipment in proper working order.
- Maintain organized documentation, inspection records, etc.
- Maintain inventory of parts that are required for proper maintenance and/ or repairs.
- Perform overall mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic repairs on food processing and packaging equipment.
- Recommend equipment needs to improve production improvement and efficiency.
- Recommend equipment layouts and modification within Production areas.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the company’s objectives including productivity, yields, food safety, quality, customer service and cost goals; daily work activities should support achieving those goals
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience with industrial, high speed processing, packaging, weighing, filling and inspection equipment OR minimum two years of technical training
- Minimum of a High School diploma/GED, some Technical School coursework, or Mechanical Certification (must have at least one of these three items to be considered)
- Familiarity with preventive or reliability based maintenance
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Must work effectively in a team setting
- Must demonstrate a basic ability to cross-train production personnel
- Ability to use Computerized Maintenance Management System to track work orders, PM’s, and inventory
- Ability to read and understand schematics, drawings, and manuals to establish facts and draw conclusions
- Ability to demonstrate math skills as part of the daily activities such as fractions, decimals, percentages and the metric system; efficient with ratios, metric system, and formulas
- Effective communication skills
Physical Requirements: the employee is required to stand for extended periods of time (duration of the shift, 8 hours or more); walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; bend continuously; or crawl. The incumbent must be able to climb stairs and ladders or step up onto a platform several times throughout the shift; and is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to push/pull/lift and/or move 50 pounds. The incumbent must operate light motorized equipment, hand and power tools skillfully and safely.
Work Environment: the employee is occasionally exposed to wet/cold conditions of 34 – 36 degrees and also at times hot conditions; high, precarious places (ex: 25 feet above ground level for extended hours); and outside weather conditions (rooftop). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud, which may require hearing protection.
- Ability to use multi-meter and other measurement instruments
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC controls
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to demonstrate welding skills
- Food processing industry experience
Hot or Mild, enjoy this favorite condiment at anytime!
A Southwestern taste sensation!