We welcome your interest in a career at Devanco Foods.
If you would like to apply for one of our openings listed, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter at any time to Human Resources. In the subject line please identify the name of the position for which you are applying.
– DOWNLOAD EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION –
If you do not find an opening that matches your interests, you may send your resume and state what your area of interest is.
Resumes will be saved for six months.
Devanco Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment human performance evaluation, drug-screening results and background investigation.
Job Description: Maintenance and repair various types of manufacturing equipment utilized to produce Gyros, Italian Beef, and Hamburgers products such as: Grinders, Mixers, Stuffers, Slicers, Extruders, Ovens, Wrapping machines, etc.
- Pre-op inspection of all Production equipment completed by 6am.
- Perform daily inspections, emergency repairs, and routine adjustments; follow periodic preventive maintenance schedule.
- Basic electrical repairs and troubleshoot for the following: AC & DC motor controls, solid state motor controls, advance circuits and grounding, interpret diagrams and test equipment.
- Develop a Preventative Maintenance schedule to maintain production equipment in proper working order.
- Maintain organized documentation, inspection records, etc.
- Maintain inventory of parts that are required for proper maintenance and/ or repairs.
- Perform overall mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic repairs on food processing and packaging equipment.
- Recommend equipment needs to improve production improvement and efficiency.
- Recommend equipment layouts and modification within Production areas.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the company’s objectives including productivity, yields, food safety, quality, customer service and cost goals; daily work activities should support achieving those goals
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience with industrial, high speed processing, packaging, weighing, filling and inspection equipment OR minimum two years of technical training
- Minimum of a High School diploma/GED, some Technical School coursework, or Mechanical Certification (must have at least one of these three items to be considered)
- Familiarity with preventive or reliability based maintenance
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Must work effectively in a team setting
- Must demonstrate a basic ability to cross-train production personnel
- Ability to use Computerized Maintenance Management System to track work orders, PM’s, and inventory
- Ability to read and understand schematics, drawings, and manuals to establish facts and draw conclusions
- Ability to demonstrate math skills as part of the daily activities such as fractions, decimals, percentages and the metric system; efficient with ratios, metric system, and formulas
- Effective communication skills
Physical Requirements: the employee is required to stand for extended periods of time (duration of the shift, 8 hours or more); walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; bend continuously; or crawl. The incumbent must be able to climb stairs and ladders or step up onto a platform several times throughout the shift; and is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to push/pull/lift and/or move 50 pounds. The incumbent must operate light motorized equipment, hand and power tools skillfully and safely.
Work Environment: the employee is occasionally exposed to wet/cold conditions of 34 – 36 degrees and also at times hot conditions; high, precarious places (ex: 25 feet above ground level for extended hours); and outside weather conditions (rooftop). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud, which may require hearing protection.
- Ability to use multi-meter and other measurement instruments
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC controls
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to demonstrate welding skills
- Food processing industry experience
Production Assembly Line Worker
Production/Assembly Line Workers provide support to the production and manufacturing of food products. The Production worker is cross trained in all areas of production ranging from; Line Supply, Pulling Supply, Adding or Filling Manufacturing Line and Packaging. Our Production workers must be able to stand for up to 8-10 hours, lift up to 40 lbs., and work in cold room conditions (35-40 degrees). Employees can expect to work 8 to 10 hours a day. Our facility provides opportunity to grow with lead and supervisory career paths available.
Job Types: Assembly, General Labor, General Production, General Warehouse, Hand Packaging, Manufacturing, Material Handler, Picker/Packer, Production.
Shifts: AM Shift – 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Attributes: Background Check, Drug Test, Stand for Shift Duration, Must be at least 18 years old.
Education Required: HS Diploma or GED.
Starting Wage: $11.00 – $13.50
Pay Rate: Hourly.
- 1 yr. manufacturing experience.
- Able to stand up to 8 to 10 hours.
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must have HS Diploma or GED.
- Must pass a background check and drug test.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manufactures and assembles frozen and fresh food products.
- Performs assignments in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Performs any specified quality assurance checks designated for each job, function or assignment.
- Maintains good housekeeping and clean work areas in assigned work sites.
- Demonstrates ability to meet production standards on specific assignments within a reasonable time, depending on the degree of difficulty of their job functions.
- Observe Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
We reward our team members for their valuable contributions through competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits that include medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Assistance Program, all in an environment that encourages personal and professional growth and rewards innovative thought.
COMPLETED APPLICATION OR RESUMES SHOULD BE RETURNED TO HUMAN RESOURCES.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Women/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Employer