Job Description: Maintenance and repair various types of manufacturing equipment utilized to produce Gyros, Italian Beef, and Hamburgers products such as: Grinders, Mixers, Stuffers, Slicers, Extruders, Ovens, Wrapping machines, etc.
- Pre-op inspection of all Production equipment completed by 6am.
- Perform daily inspections, emergency repairs, and routine adjustments; follow periodic preventive maintenance schedule.
- Basic electrical repairs and troubleshoot for the following: AC & DC motor controls, solid state motor controls, advance circuits and grounding, interpret diagrams and test equipment.
- Develop a Preventative Maintenance schedule to maintain production equipment in proper working order.
- Maintain organized documentation, inspection records, etc.
- Maintain inventory of parts that are required for proper maintenance and/ or repairs.
- Perform overall mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic repairs on food processing and packaging equipment.
- Recommend equipment needs to improve production improvement and efficiency.
- Recommend equipment layouts and modification within Production areas.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the company’s objectives including productivity, yields, food safety, quality, customer service and cost goals; daily work activities should support achieving those goals
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience with industrial, high speed processing, packaging, weighing, filling and inspection equipment OR minimum two years of technical training
- Minimum of a High School diploma/GED, some Technical School coursework, or Mechanical Certification (must have at least one of these three items to be considered)
- Familiarity with preventive or reliability based maintenance
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Must work effectively in a team setting
- Must demonstrate a basic ability to cross-train production personnel
- Ability to use Computerized Maintenance Management System to track work orders, PM’s, and inventory
- Ability to read and understand schematics, drawings, and manuals to establish facts and draw conclusions
- Ability to demonstrate math skills as part of the daily activities such as fractions, decimals, percentages and the metric system; efficient with ratios, metric system, and formulas
- Effective communication skills
Physical Requirements: the employee is required to stand for extended periods of time (duration of the shift, 8 hours or more); walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; bend continuously; or crawl. The incumbent must be able to climb stairs and ladders or step up onto a platform several times throughout the shift; and is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to push/pull/lift and/or move 50 pounds. The incumbent must operate light motorized equipment, hand and power tools skillfully and safely.
Work Environment: the employee is occasionally exposed to wet/cold conditions of 34 – 36 degrees and also at times hot conditions; high, precarious places (ex: 25 feet above ground level for extended hours); and outside weather conditions (rooftop). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud, which may require hearing protection.
- Ability to use multi-meter and other measurement instruments
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC controls
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to demonstrate welding skills
- Food processing industry experience